Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Week 10-11 of my grand baby's growth

As I sit here watching the new "Star Trek", I think about James T. Kirk not having his parents together. His father was on the Starship Enterprise and was attacked by enemies while his wife was on a pod leaving the ship, giving birth to their only child, never to see her husband again.
While I realize this is just a movie, I wonder how my grandchild will deal with (her) parents not living together. My daughter will not keep the child away from the other family. That was not how she was brought up. I am just hoping the other family will hold their end of the bargain. A child should not have to go through a situation without their other parent being absent..in any case. 
There are many positives in this week. My daughter has regained some energy back that she didn't have from the weeks before. Her appetite has somewhat returned and things are looking better for her. She is now at week 10-11..and my grand baby is no bigger than a fig. This is wonderful news! The risk of congenital birth defects are now lessened which makes me (almost) breathe a sigh of relief. (Her) fingernails have slightly formed with the look of a 'human fetus' connected to the placenta, (which is now functioning.) My daughter found a really good app for her iPhone that describes what is happening to your body while you are making this transition to motherhood. The pregnancy app is on iPhone, iPod touch and android. It is free and it tracks your day-to-day growth.  
App reviewed by the BabyCenter Medical Advisory Board
The BabyCenter My Pregnancy Today app is everything that millions of women love about BabyCenter right in their purse." – Linda Murray, BabyCenter editor-in-chief
BabyCenter My Pregnancy Today is the most comprehensive daily pregnancy app from the world's most trusted pregnancy and parenting resource. Simply enter your baby's due date, and BabyCenter My Pregnancy Today turns your phone into an expert guide for each day of your pregnancy. Feel more prepared for your baby's birth and get the answers you need, whenever you need them.   Here’s what you’ll get:
  • My pregnancy day by day: BabyCenter's renowned weekly guide to pregnancy is now optimized for your smart phone with daily information and advice.
  • Fetal development images: See your baby grow with our one-of-kind images developed by expert medical illustrators.
  • Pregnancy checklist:  This interactive to-do list is filled with activities and reminders to keep you on track with decisions, doctor appointments, and more.
  • Award-winning videos: Watch what’s happening inside the womb with breathtaking 3-D animations, or, get informed (and inspired) about your own delivery day with live-action birth videos.
  • Birth clubs: Meet other moms-to-be who are due at the same time as you and get instant advice and support.
  • Due date calculator: Figure out your due date and count down to the big day.
  • Nutrition guide: These tips and recipes will help you eat well and manage cravings.
Here is the address: http://www.babycenter.com/my-pregnancy-today-app or you can find it in the app store

No comments:

Post a Comment