Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

So many wonderful little teachers....lesson learned

Today is my youngest nephews birthday party. Family and friends have come to celebrate with us. Football is on the big screen with all the men piled into the living room while all the women and kids are sitting in the dining room with all the kids joyously eating their birthday cake and ice cream. Everyone crowded around the birthday boy to watch him blow out his candles and open his presents..
Birthday BalloonsCake and ice cream is always welcomed. :)
The day before, we had a wonderful cook-out with my new friend and her family. In their own way, her children have eased my fears about hearing the pitter-patter of little feet and knowing that every child has a different personality, little people are mostly full of smiles and joy. Moments such as this make this transition so much easier for me. I find myself cooking children snacks for the neighbor's children because I know they enjoy these little thing. They don't know it, but they are changing my mind in so many positive ways in accepting children. I thank them for this from the bottom of my heart. Last night, I was informed that my daughter felt "fluttering" in her tummy. I do notice a little bump on her and its going to get bigger and bigger while I get more excited.
Blue barbecueMy point to this story is that I am starting to get "maternal" in the very sense of a grandmother. These little babies are teaching me so many wonderful things to accept this baby, whether it is a boy or a girl. They are teaching me innocent kindness that you can never find in a story book or on a website somewhere.
Posted using Tinydesk blog app

No comments:

Post a Comment