Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Dear Victoria Renee ~

Dear Victoria Renee ~ Today you came into our lives with such grace and made our lives worth living. You remind us that there are positives in life. You are a blessing to my heart and I love you. Before you were born at 9:48 pm Monday 3-10-2014, before your mommy's water broke while she was being admitted into the hospital, before mommy woke me up at 1:00 am Sunday that she was dripping fluid, your mother and I was saying goodbye to your grandfather at the airport. I wished that he could see you in real life. You came into this world a little more than 24 hours away from when we left him off. It's okay, though. Perhaps he and his fiance, your step-grandmother can come for a visit. That would be nice. While you were waiting to come into this world, I have to say that I was worried if your mother was going to make it. I mean, I questioned why your mother couldn't dilate passed 3 centimeters in a matter of 18 hours. We were all pacing in the hallways; both mommy's family and daddy's family. Finally the doctor told us that your mother needed a cesarean which really scared me. As she was being wheeled into the operating room, she could hear the Beatles playing on the overhead speakers. I also know that when you were lifted from your mother's open belly, the song "Here comes the sun" was playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment