Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 4, 2013

The Hip Grandmother's Day Out

http://thehipgrandmother.wordpress.com/2013/11/04/two-grandmas/


I had such a wonderful day! In any relationship, communication is alway, *always* the key.


Leaving the computer screen is a rather hard thing for me. But today, I decided to step away from the screen and get some much needed sunshine.  Today was the day that I would spend with the *other* grandmother going out to lunch and window shopping to get ideas for the baby shower. As I am getting ready, I feel a bit nervous of how I will be perceived..is the house clean enough?, will I get along with her?, will she be as happy as I am about this wonderful bundle of joy that is making her appearance in March? These are things that run through my mind as I am brushing my long brown hair. Glancing in the mirror at my reflection, I take a deep breath and tell myself that everything will be alright. This is going to be a relationship about compromising.
I received a text message that she was on her way to my house to pick me up. Sitting in her Ford Focus, we both decide that the best place for us to have our lunches would be at Olive Garden (http://www.olivegarden.com/). In our own way, it is the best chance to 'break bread' together and get to know one another because, lets face it, we are going to be grandmothers for the next 18 years. As adults, we should become friends (at least). We decided to get appetizers because the breadsticks alone will fill us up. We both had such a great time sitting and chatting about raising our babies in the good and bad times, eating great food and building a bond that will be shared for years to come.
After the last bit of food and drink was consumed, we both decided it was time to go window shopping. Where else could we go to see what is in-store for our little grandchild?http://www.buybuybaby.com/ has such a wide selection of baby products, we really didn't know where to begin! Splashes of pink and blue were all around us as we hunted for the Car Seatprice tags of only pink items. We were a bit silly giggling at the vast selections of little girl (and little boy) products. We also came upon multitudes of choices in carriers. Carriers that attached would make up a car seat, stroller and basic carrier for an infant.
I have to say that I am truly blessed knowing that she wants to be there on my journey as well. Some people aren't that lucky. This child is going to come into a world knowing what a loving family is. That eases my heart. As my daughter's belly continues to grow, I know that I am not the only grandmother that is planning the future of this little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment