Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 9, 2013

A little piece of reality

My daughter...sleepy one minute, hungry the next, sensitive at one point but becomes hormonal during the next. Keeping up with what is going on inside of her is always a race for me. Her sleeping schedule is all wrong, her eating schedule is all wrong but I vow to be there for her whenever she needs me. I am the one that runs to the store for one of her famous craving. And I want it that way, wrong or right.....
One of the many cravings she has.
One of the many cravings she has.
She now looks like a real pregnant woman. As the weeks go on, her belly gets bigger and bigger. Many of her tee-shirts aren't as fitting as they once were. Keeping the clothes on one side of the closet to save for after the pregnancy is what she is doing right now. Friends have been offering baby clothes and other important items which seem to be growing bigger and bigger by the week. As we walk around the neighborhood to get exercise, I notice a little waddle in her steps. I honestly never thought I would see that.
Spending time with your mother must be a very important thing to her. It is important that I get to spend time with her as well. There are many days that we are both watching our favorite shows together but with our laptops on our laps. As she's growing older, we seem to have been finding common ground more and more. This makes my heart soar. I have been told when she was a baby that she will 'come back' and become my friend again. I think that time is about to return.
Before we go to bed, as a tradition, I like to go in and tuck her into bed. I have been doing this since she was a baby and I am happy to continue. Unfortunately last year, I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. It has been hard for me to do the things that I have done in the past on my bad days. November 8th was one of those bad days. My daughter decided to come into my room and tuck *me* in, making sure I have a bottle of water on my nightstand, fluffing my pillow and pulling my blankets over me, (even tucking in my feet) so I don't get cold at night. As she lay there next to me, she tenderly grabs my hand to set it on her stomach. After 15 minutes of waiting, I finally felt her daughter kick! It is such a great feeling to know there is someone coming into my life that will change me in so many ways but this is throwing me into reality: there IS a human growing inside my daughter's belly and now I have proof! Now I felt it for myself! If reality didn't set in at that moment, I don't know *what* would!

No comments:

Post a Comment